Summit County Public Health (SCPH) is responsible for inspecting and issuing permits for installation and repair of home sewage (septic) systems and small commercial (semi-public) sewage treatment plants and water wells. SCPH also registers and inspects sewage installers and liquid waste haulers. Water samples are collected to ensure safe drinking water and provide pre-sale evaluations of home sewage systems and water wells.
The Water Quality office is located in Building C, Fairway Center, 1867 W. Market St., Akron, OH 44313. The phone number is (330) 926-5600 and the fax number is (330) 923-6436. Private Water System (PWS) and Sewage Treatment System (STS) records, such as well logs and septic drawings, should be requested by e-mail at email@example.com.
Helpful tips for using the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail:
- Only request copies of existing water quality records, such as well logs and STS drawings, through this e-mail.
- If you have questions about water quality issues or need other environmental health information please call 330-926-5600.
- Please list the specific information you are requesting such as well log or septic diagram. (Making request for all water quality information when you are only looking for a septic diagram will take our staff longer to return the information to you.)
- Include the address *and* the political subdivision where the property is located. ( Example: 1234 Main Street, Akron, OH 44319 - Coventry Township)
- Include your return fax number or e-mail address in the BODY of your correspondence. (Fax is preferred over e-mail since our office will be able to return documents to you more quickly.)
- Provide a telephone number where you may be reached during office hours in case our staff has any questions about your request.
- You may also make water quality records requests by mail, fax, or in person at the Environmental Health front desk.
- Request for records are processed in the order they are received. Large requests may take several days for our office to complete.
- If you have questions about a record request previously submitted, please call 330-926-5600.