LOW COST Drinking Water Testing
Does your drinking water come from a well, cistern, spring or hauled water storage tank? Do you wonder if your water is safe to drink?
Our lab can test your water!
To have your water tested for bacteria:
Obtain a sample kit from our office
(or click here to find a location close to you)
Follow the instructions included with the kit
Return your sample and the $10 fee to our office, located at Fairway Center Building C, 1867 W. Market St., Akron, OH 44313
Questions? Call 330-926-5600
For more information on water testing, click here
Do you have questions about how to maintain your septic system? Attend one of our FREE sessions on home sewage treatment system maintenance!
All sessions will be held in the auditorium at
Summit County Public Health, 1867 W. Market St., Akron, Ohio 44313.
Click on the link below to register for the session you'd like to attend:
October 5, 2016 - 5:30pm - 7:30pm
November 9, 2016 - 8:30am - 10:30am
Summit County Public Health (SCPH) is responsible for inspecting and issuing permits for installation and repair of home sewage (septic) systems and small commercial (semi-public) sewage treatment plants and water wells. SCPH also registers and inspects sewage installers and liquid waste haulers. Water samples are collected to ensure safe drinking water and provide pre-sale evaluations of home sewage systems and water wells.
The Water Quality office is located in Building C, Fairway Center, 1867 W. Market St., Akron, OH 44313. The phone number is (330) 926-5600 and the fax number is (330) 923-6436. Private Water System (PWS) and Sewage Treatment System (STS) records, such as well logs and septic drawings, should be requested by completing the following form:
Helpful tips for requesting records:
- Only request copies of existing water quality records, such as well logs and STS drawings, through this e-mail.
- If you have questions about water quality issues or need other environmental health information please call 330-926-5600.
- Please list the specific information you are requesting such as well log or septic diagram. (Making request for all water quality information when you are only looking for a septic diagram will take our staff longer to return the information to you.)
- Include the address *and* the political subdivision (i.e., city, township, village) where the property is located. ( Example: 1234 Main Street, Akron, OH 44319 - Coventry Township)
- You may also make water quality records requests by mail, fax, or in person at the Environmental Health front desk.
- Request for records are processed in the order they are received. Large requests may take several days for our office to complete.
- If you have questions about a record request previously submitted, please call 330-926-5600.