Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps
BCMH is a state program that gives children access to diagnosis and treatment by board-certified specialty physicians. Medications, therapies, dental care and equipment are available through the program.
These are examples of services covered by BCMH that may not be covered by a family’s private insurance:
- Purchase of hearing aids, batteries, and personal communication devices.
- Surgery, specialized glasses and patches for some vision disorders.
- Medical equipment maintenance and repair.
- Medical therapies needed during the summer months or after a surgical procedure.
- Medical equipment including such items as wheelchairs, braces, IV or feeding pumps, special prescription shoes.
- Supplies for special procedures done in schools.
- Glucometers for diabetic children.
- Inhalers for children with severe asthma.
- Medications for children with seizure disorders and many other diagnoses.
Your local health department nurse is your best contact for BCMH services or information. BCMH services are offered at the Graham Road location - please call 330-926-5761.